Mark was given the release from Dr. Zangari to begin his maintenance program and he started the medication regimen today. He will receive two of them by I.V. injection once a week at the hospital and a pill once a week that he'll take at home. He will go to the hospital every Wednesday for the I.V. and to do lab work.
Mark and Dianna will see Dr. Z again on May 22nd. If everything looks good then, they will do another round of testing and then schedule the second transplant for June sometime (Mark is NOT looking forward to that).
Mark is feeling a bit better each day, starting to eat, and gaining more strength.
We can't thank you all enough for your prayers and support, gifts and cards. We will continue to keep the blog updated as newsworthy things happen. In the meantime, we hope you all have a great spring.
CANCER IS SO LIMITED THAT:
~ It cannot cripple love
~ It cannot shatter hope
~ It cannot corrode faith
~ It cannot destroy peace
~ It cannot kill friendship
~ It cannot suppress memories
~ It cannot silence courage
~ It cannot invade the soul
~ It cannot steal eternal life
~ It cannot conquer the spirit

3 comments:
Congrats Mark! The second isn't so bad since you know what to expect...focus on getting strong--it's still a war. However, I doubt you'll encounter near the obstacles/speed bumps
Best to you all
DougC
I really hope this one goes good. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Sorry that last one is from Brooke
Post a Comment